Sunday, November 20, 2011

Teen Daughter in Pastel


My daughter, Laura agreed to pose for me today, so I could try my hand at pastels again for the first time in years. I mark it as a failure: I used pastels too large on paper too small; her nose is too large here, face not wide enough. The drawing doesn't do her justice, either - she's prettier than this.

On the plus side, I wouldn't have done this drawing without you fine folks and this blog. Thanks for the motivation. Not horrible for a half hour. I see more coming in the near future....

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, but we've never seen your daughter. The drawing looks great to me!
    (besides, how do we know that the Mona Lisa is a good likeness?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For pastels done in that small amount of time, this IS the Mona Lisa!! I gave up on pastels as I get so frustrated with them. You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tim. Unlucky you - she's a cutie:
    http://www.bluemoonstudios.com/backstory/backstory-laura.html

    You're too kind, Jody. I thought it not bad given the limitations. My youngest (11) thinks I should stick to cartooning. LOL! Tough crowd.

    I should get my wife to post some of her stuff again as she has a natural touch with watercolor, pastel and oil, and after a couple years at Chicago's AAA. She good.

    ReplyDelete